Tuesday, April 24, 2012

REAL MEN, REAL MARRIAGE




          I have not read this... yet. I have heard much hype about this series preached by Mark Driscoll of Mars Hill Church in Seattle, Washington. Driscoll is one of the pastors that I have followed over the years. He is entertaining, hilarious, and the real important key is he delivers the Word with passion and clarity. This newest work of his has aroused in me a desire to challenge men to a new standard.
          Recently I've noticed a culture in which adolescent males (Driscoll calls boys who can shave) are celebrated for their carefree ways. I just don't get it. Maybe when I read Scripture that's not the picture I get. Maybe when I read Scripture I see Paul talking about putting away childish things. I see Proverbs talking about working hard, seeking a good wife, and avoiding sexual immorality. If you find the time, follow this link for the Real Marriage Video and just see what Mark Driscoll has to say. He is solid, and he preaches Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment